Vermilion Utilities DepartmentCity Administration Building5511 Liberty Avenue, Vermilion, OH 44089Main Utility Billing Clerk: (440) 204-2420Utility Clerk #1: (440) 204-2421Utility Clerk #2: (440) 204-2419Email: [email protected]
HoursPay Your Bills in Person 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Emergency service: (440) 204-2450 (This telephone number rings to the Water & Sewer Service Plant which is manned 24 hours per day. Emergency workers can be called out from that number.)
AboutThe Utilities Department consists
of the Water Treatment Plant, Water and Sewer Distribution Department
and Wastewater Utilities Plant. The Utilities Department is in charge of
water and sewer lines.
Utilities FormsNo Garbage Form | Senior Discount Form | Utilities Auto Pay Form
Online Bill PaymentVisit the Online Bill Pay page to learn about payment options and access the payment portal to pay utility bills with a credit/debit card or electronic check, set up automatic payments, enroll in paperless and more. You can also now check your account balance or make a payment 24/7 by calling 844-813-4736.
CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORTThe City of Vermilion Water Dept.
has prepared the following report to provide information to you, the
consumer, on the quality of our drinking water. Included within this
report is general health information, water quality test results, how to
participate in decisions concerning your drinking water, and water
2016 Water Consumer Confidence Report
Garbage & RecyclingThe City of Vermilion contracts with Allied Waste Services for garbage pick up. Republic Services40195 Butternut Ridge Road, Elyria, OhioPhone: (800) 433-1309 Contact the Utilities Department to find out what day your refuse will be picked up.General Information
Residential Refuse Service
- Please have your rubbish and recyclable materials placed to the curb by 6 am on collection day.
- Collections are not made on these holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If any of these holidays fall on your garbage collection day, the collection will be delayed one day.
- Please place your residential refuse in the containers provided by Allied Waste by 6 am on your collection day.
- During the first full work week of each month, bulk items can be placed on the curb for pickup.
Items to Recycle
- Please set your recyclables out on the curb in the green container provided by Allied Waste by 6 am on your collection day.
- It is not necessary to put out the container every week, only when full.
- Aluminum, newspaper, cardboard, bi-metal and steel cans, glass bottles & jars, and #1 through #7 plastics may be placed in the blue container.
- Yard waste should be placed in a separate brown paper kraft bag each week from April 15 through November 30.
- For more information on recycling: www.dnr.state.oh.us/recycling
Utility BillsYou can pay your utility bill in person at the City Administration Building Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Bill payment can also be made at Drug Mart, or through automatic deduction from your checking account. Visit the Online Bill Pay page to pay utility bills with a credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover) or electronic check over the Internet.
Automatic Bill Pay Through DeductionUtilities Auto Pay FormThe City of Vermilion now offers customers the option of paying their utility bill electronically. Funds are transferred from the customer's checking account directly to the City to pay for all services that are on the City's utility bill. Simply complete the authorization form and return it to the City along with a voided check. This will help ensure that your transactions are appropriately posted. Allow 2-3 months for processing and withdrawals to start. Continue to pay your bill via other methods of payment until a message appears on your bill showing the withdrawal of electronic payment. Payments are deducted on the due date of your billing statement each month.
The City of Vermilion's bank will instruct your bank to deduct the entire amount of your utility bill from your checking account. Your bank will deduct your payment amount and forward the payment electronically to the City of Vermilion's bank. The payments will be shown on your monthly statement from your financial institution. The City will continue to mail your utility bills to you as usual. However, in the message box on the bill it will clearly state that your account has been set up to have payments made electronically.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your bill or the amount due, you should contact the Vermilion Utilities Billing Department at (440) 204-2420. If you no longer want to pay your bill by electronic payment, please notify the Vermilion Utilities Department 30 days in advance in writing that you want to stop paying your bills electronically.
ElectricityFirst Energy: to report a power outage, call 1-888-LIGHTSS or visit www.firstenergycorp.com and choose Customer Care.To report a burned out street light, visit www.firstenergycorp.com and choose Customer Care.